Friday, June 8, 2007

Update!

Alright fans!

I just ordered 350 pounds of Marshmallows scheduled to arrive at the warehouse Monday before noon. We are definitely shipping this via a freight company as the marshmallows themselves are a pallet. We are working to try to obtain more marshmallows but you'd be surprised at how difficult it is to find some in bulk quantities! Sam's or Costco doesn't carry them, and the distributors here really don't care. We're handing them business and they still don't return our calls!

I wanted to let everyone know that we are looking at pretty expensive rates to California from Houston. I am working with a couple of freight companies to find the best rates so we can use more money towards putting more marshmallows, but I do want to be honest with you. A portion of the funds will be used to pay for the transportation as it is a cost of doing this campaign. But, with your support, we can still make this work!

Apparently, we are not allowed to advertise our blog or other websites on the product page, so we have removed them. Please do not think that the campaign is off, but we had to make some changes to comply with their policies. You can still continue to place your orders with the code "VERONICA" as everything is still going through the same system. Only the product detail page has changed.

Will update later today!

7 comments:

Gil said...

I posted this on older blog entry, but I just wanted to make sure it gets seen. We should send the marshmallow pallet with a sign that says "We want s'more Veronica Mars"

Mickey said...

Thanks for letting us know about the freight cost -- I, for one, think it's totally reasonable since it's a long way between Houston and Cali. You guys have been totally AMAZING with supporting the campaign and I'll definitely pass the word on about your store! Really, really -- THANK YOU for all of your time and effort to help save Veronica Mars!!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, let us know what you need and the VM fans will come through!!

Anonymous said...

Just got done ordering single Mars Bars via Amazon, they are to be sent to Ms. Dawn Ostroff. And I donated via paypal. I also sent Kristen, over at eonline, an email laying down what we are doing to save our favorite show, maybe she throw us a bone and mention it! Now I'm off to see what else damage I can do to the powers that be!

Peaches21 said...

WinCo is REALLY cheap and I know they have marshmallows. I am pretty sure you can buy in bulk from them.
I think what you guys are doing to help us is absolutly amazing. THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately some among our group here have duped all of us and pocketed some of the money...

Anonymous said...

and YOU know who you are! shame on you!