Monday, June 11, 2007

Video + Final Numbers!

Veronica Mars fans!

Here is a video of one of our employees preparing the shipment. It shows a full 360 degree view of the pallet so you can see all of the flyers, decorations, etc. We did not attach the letter to Ms. Dawn Ostroff until the very end of the shipment because we still had a few fans who wanted their names added. Enjoy!



Oops, I just uploaded this to YouTube. It may take a few minutes before they process it. Sorry!

Many of you have asked me about the final numbers. Here they are!

4848 Snickers Almond Bars
2040 Mars Bars from England ( thanks to Gil who found an extra 120 in San Diego!)
510 Pounds of Marshmallows - I found an extra 72 pounds today even after Wal-Mart held some for me! YES!!!

Total weight = that's about 1400 POUNDS of confectionery! WE DID IT!

This is ON TOP OF whatever individual fans have sent by themselves. I estimate that number to be around 100-150 pounds or so. That makes it over 1500 pounds!

Our total donation rate via Paypal slowed down towards the end, but still made a very impressive number! The total came out to be $2942.56. A portion of the funds from this were used to cover the 120 bars found in San Diego. We also used $92.76 over these past four days for gasoline (going to and from Sam's all over Houston, picking up marshmallows, Kinko's back and forth, and some other short trips. We had to use a cargo van (which eats up gas!) for most of these trips since they required a load to be picked up. The most significant amount of funds were used to pay for the marshmallows, huge freight charges to the CW network (we payed extra so we could get it there in three days and not four), and flyers that we printed. The commissions were heavy, so we had to move $48.42 from the Paypal funds to pay for some of the Snickers Almond bars. I am trying to be as detailed as possible without being completely boring because some people wanted to know where the funds were going.

There is a balance profit of about $54.76 after these expenses. We were going to use these funds to purchase iTunes episodes tomorrow. However, if enough people request, we can donate this amount to the Invisible Children foundation. Or, we can split it up halfway! We also generated $5.86 from the clicking of Google ads you see on the side these past three days. I had mentioned previously that any revenue generated from the website will go towards this campaign, so this amount has been reserved for purchasing of iTunes episodes tomorrow.

As you can imagine, I am tired! I am so happy that all of this came together so fast, and we got this shipment out! At the same time, I am very sad that this campaign is over. But remember, tomorrow is another push! Many of your are depressed about the recent announcement (I was too!). But, what got me back into it was knowing that the same thing happened to Jericho as well. VERONICA MARS IS STILL NOT OFFICIALLY CANCELLED AND WE WILL PUSH UNTIL WE CAN PUSH NO LONGER! We will be the only fans to do two campaigns!

This is a long shot, but I think we all knew this from the beginning. I hate to see some people giving up and walking away even before the shipment gets there. Regardless of what happens, I know the first thing I do tomorrow will be purchasing episodes from iTunes (make sure to click on our link below before you purchase!). I hope you do the same. Good night all! Thank you for being so wonderful!

Veronica Mars - Veronica Mars, Season 3 - The Bitch Is Back

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! awesome work! you are the best!

im trying to get some people to buy from itunes tmw! lets' just hope that everything turns out for the best!

Rachel said...

Sachin and The Indian Food Store, I want to say thank you for all your hard work. We would not have been able to send a HUGE shipment like we did if it wasn't for you. You guys ROCK!!!

I'm game for either donating the money or using it towards the iTunes.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is some awesome work people!
Maybe you guys should keep the extra money as a gift from us! You guys have worked so hard, you totally deserve it, in my opinion!

Anonymous said...

you guys have done an amazing job and i just want to say thank you!

i found an article in the new york post about this and i was super super excited! i truly believe that they'll have to bring it back after this. GO VERONICA MARS!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Thank You, Sachin for all of your hard work and effort!! This is so exciting!!! I was getting a bit down, but now I have bounced back and I'm excited and angry at the CW! It is a good combination!! I mailed 50 postcards this evening to Dawn -so there!
Looking forward to tomorrow and the Bitch Is Back i-Tunes-athon. Such an appropriate title!!!

:) Laura

dollybob said...

Thank you so much for your hard work! You deserve every penny of what was left over and more for everything you did. My vote is for keep it. :D

Gil said...

For the Google ad revenue, I say use it for iTunes. For the $54.76 left over, I say keep it if you want or donate it to Invisible Children. It's your call. Maybe donate $40 or $50 to the charity and keep the rest (which is not much I know).

Unknown said...

I would love to donate it to the invisible children.

and

SACHIN - your enthusiasm, your positivity, your persistence - you are just awesome!!!

thanks for answering the naysayers, and thanks for coming on board this campaign with us. whatever the outcome is, we are all so thankful for all your hardwork, and the awesome way in which you joined us in our crusade.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Anonymous said...

give the extra $$$ to Invisible Children foundation

Anonymous said...

the video doesnt work for me.. ?
well i think the money should go to itunes!

Anonymous said...

I think use about 20$ for itunes and donate the rest.

Anonymous said...

I say split the money between the charity and Itunes. Make sure to donate in Veronica's name! We love you for this effort and I actually feel as though we truly have a chance.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Split the money between itunes and invisible children... I like the idea of donating it under veronica mars.

Anonymous said...

First of all, thank you SO much for all your hard work! Even if it doesn't work out in the end, at least we can say we did everything we could. I'm sure this will go down in history as one of the biggest campaigns to bring back a TV show. I refuse to give up hope!

Unfortunately, I had already bought "The Bitch is Back" from iTunes, but I'll see if I can buy it again....

As for the extra money, I vote for giving it all to Invisible Children. I know there have been people on other boards complaining that it's stupid to save a TV show when there are starving children and such. IC is a great organization, and every little bit helps. Besides, in the case that the campaign DOESN'T work, at least the rest of the money can go for a good cause..

And if you don't do that, then you should keep it for yourself and buy the first two seasons on DVD, so you'll know what the fuss is all about!

Anonymous said...

I would like all the money to go to Invisible Children.

SupComTabz said...

All the money should go to Invisible Children.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud this effort is coming from Texas, which is the home state of both Rob Thomas and me, as I'm sure it is many other slightly (OK significantly) obsessed fans!
(fingers crossed. I STILL have hope.)
And thank you Sachin! I'm truly amazed by your dedication and encouraging words.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for everything Sachin-- we all appreciate what you have done for us. Even if this doesn't all turn out the way we wanted it, at least we didn't go down without a fight and that's what really matters. I wish you and your business all the success in the world. Thank You and God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your hard work!

I think the money should go towards Invisible Children becuase I feel the cast and crew would appreciate that more than buying the finale on iTunes.

Unknown said...

I agree - Invisible Children all the way! Such a wonderful cause. And definitely donate in V's name.

Sachin and The IFS, you are AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Yes it is necessary to save Veronica Mars ! I support you profoundly !

Sorry my English is not very good ...:s

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just wanted to share some love, you all are awesome. Very impressive campaign, rock on. :-)

Rachel said...

This info is from Kristin at E! Online...She is talking about VM not being picked up for mid-season replacement. "I'm told this was the plan for quite some time, but that the CW higher-ups did not want to make an official announcement in order to keep from rattling Veronica's fans more." I say lets show how rattled we are and that we aren't going to take them playing these stupid games!

Anonymous said...

i second that!!!

dragging out a cancellation is no way to calm down rattled fans, and i dare say we are WAY more than rattled at this point, and we're going to make sure they know it!

Rachel said...

We ALL need to band together and buy "The Bitch is Back" today. Then Wednesday, Thursday and until The CW makes an announcement on Friday we need to CALL and EMAIL as many times as we can.

If anyone can get John Maata's direct phone number and email.

molly h said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Will someone else send a SAVE VERONICA MARS email to John Maata...I was testing different theories of what his email could be. These are the email addresses that I didn't get sent back to me. Will someone else test these? jmaata@wb.com, johnm@wb.com, johnmaata@wb.com, john_maata@wb.com, john.maata@wb.com

molly h said...

i agree with some of the other commenters about the leftover cash: ideally, some money could go towards invisible children, some to itunes to purchase more episodes of "the bitch is back" but also - take yourself out to dinner or something, you deserve a treat for being so great throughout all of this!

(sorry, had to delete the last comment. typos.)

Save The Planet Pen said...

I think that we have to Split the money between itunes and invisible children under the name VERONICA MARS.

And cw really sucks!! They were joking with us!! Im DONE with THE CW!

Anonymous said...

yeah! you've done a amazing job so thank you so much!!!!! i really hope that they'll bring it back after that!! i think a part of the money should go to Invisible Children but also to you guys 'cause you deserve it :D

Anonymous said...

sachin you are amazing! thank you so much for all your hard work. whatever you decide to do with the money is fine with me... you have been doing everything right so far... you just keep doing your thing!
when i try to watch the video, is says no longer available. did you take it down or something? i would love to see it! :)
thanks again! you are awesome.

Unknown said...

Thank you very very much for all this, Sachin. Your hard work and enthusiasm has made this whole thing a great experience for all of us! I myself refuse to lose hope. Even if the CW is not wise enough to pick Veronica Mars back up, I pray it will find life in some way. Just a few short months ago I was stressing over the cancellation of my soap opera Passions, but thanks to the fans (and ironically, NBC) it is finding new life in an unconventional way. I believe Veronica has a real shot too thanks to all of us fans and your selfless work. So, truly, thank you.

As for the extra $$, I say you keep it. Its the least we can do to thank you. If you want to use it to buy the first two seasons of Veronica, I think that's a great idea. If you want to give it to Invisible Children, that's great too. Ultimately, use it for what you would like to. It really is the least we can do...

Thank you again~!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much to Sachin and The Indian Food Store. I think that you should keep some money for yourself as a thank you from all of us. Additionally, I think it would be great if you donated a portion to the Invisible Children. My suggestion is to donate it in the name "The Indian Food Store Veronica Mars Campaign" or something like that.

Dan said...

Thanks for all of your work Sachin. Hopefully this will help CW bring VM out of "retirement".

Peaches21 said...

I say we all match what we contributed to the Bars for Mars campaign and donate to the Invisible Children under the name Bars for Mars. Why not? Its only matching what we have done for the TV show. I donated 10 dollars and bought a 6 pack of Mars bars. thats 21$. I can donate 21$ to Invisible children! so can everyone else, and put it under Bars for Mars. Come on guys, we are not done making a difference yet! We are small 1 by 1 but when we join together we are huge. In fact I am going to InvisibleChildren.com right now and starting it. Whos with me???

Anonymous said...

I'm with you peaches21. I donated 15 bucks to this campaign. I think its the least I can do is donate the same amount to an organization trying to make a difference in the world.

Anonymous said...

It won't let me watch the video. :(

Anonymous said...

Where did the video go? I would love to see it!

Anonymous said...

Attn it is now known, sorry to say that some body among the group pocketed some of the money ~ shameful!

Anonymous said...

You know who you are and you have to live with it

Anonymous said...

Ggzmfz [url=http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com][b]birkin handbags[/b][/url] hermes bags http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com Nroygm Prjnac hermes handbag