I am sure you have been waiting all day for an update. I sincerely apologize that I took so long to post here but I am sure you can understand why! I've got some good news and I've got some bad news. Since I'm an optimist...let's start to tackle the bad news and then we'll get to the good news:
1) Marshmallow Problems - I've been working all day calling around in Houston trying to find some marshmallows. Last night the campaign began to switch to marshmallows and I started working on it immediately after getting back to the office this morning. Unfortunately, I'm not doing too well and was only able to obtain the 350 pounds that are scheduled to be delivered Monday before noon.
I need your help! What can we think of besides marshmallows to send them?!
The things that I can think of are Twinkies ( suggestion from a user from the pilot episode ), Rice Krispy treats (which have marshmallows), and Moon Pies (which have marshmallows also). I realize this is not exactly what everyone wants...but they are likely all to go to charity right!
I've already placed an extra order for 30 cases of extra Snickers Almond so we can take up some more space. I can certainly work on obtaining more since these are much easier to obtain. I'll be running all over Houston tomorrow from Sam's to Sam's getting everything they have. (If someone is in Houston and wants to help, let me know!!) But, I will also be listening to your feedback tonight for something else to send them! This is where I need you the the most. Please try to think of something that Sam's carries so we can get it easily.
2) One distributor backs out...well halfway - One of our distributors in Florida has decided to only contribute 4 Mars Bars cases to the campaign instead of the 12 he promised. His reason: "I need them for my other customers". What a joke! Regardless, all of the other cases from New York and Chicago are already on their way. I will post UPS tracking numbers by tomorrow so fans can track the package live! Our Houston stock will go together with the freight truck!
Now on to the good news....
1) Many fans have concerns that the shipment will not arrive there in time to influence a decision. We found a trucking company today that says it usually takes 3 days. That means delivery should be on June 14th, but just in case something happens, they will definitely get it there by Friday! That's very good news!
2) We are in the process of getting some large posters printed out with "Save Veronica Mars". We are also mass print a very nice picture submitted to us (Thanks Rachel!) and stick it on each of the Mars boxes and just on the pallet in general. We'll plastic wrap the whole thing so that we can make sure they in place when it arrives! You can see the picture here: http://www.aliasgrace.com
I feel that this is a good use for a portion of our funds.
3) Now to the numbers that you've all been waiting to here:
Congratulations! All of the Mars and Snickers bars thus far have been reserved. That's 1920 Mars Bars (after reduction of the 8 cases) and 4200 Snickers bars (after our additional purchase). A portion of the funds from the Paypal account will be put towards marshmallows, freight costs, labor costs here in Houston (it does cost us to send employees to get things, I do hope you can understand that). Again, this is where I need you all! Please post here with your suggestions and see what we can get going so we can use the balance of the Paypal funds.
As of 8:19PM CST, our funds in Paypal have hit $1524.96. Approximately $900 or so will go towards an extra 100 cases of Snickers almond bars and poster printing. That still leaves us ~$625 to use to promote our cause!
If I may, I have a special request to fans. We really do prefer to receive funds via Paypal rather than orders via . We are able to use the Paypal funds more freely to purchase other goods besides Mars bars since it is not subject to commissions. Still, if you would rather contribute towards the Mars bars, we will still be accepting orders from .
You can use this link:http://scramblenetwork.googlepages.com/home
A very nice fan (Thanks Rama!) gave us the idea that we should contact a distributor of chocolates or marshmallows in Los Angeles, CA so we can get delivery on an exact day. I thought this was a wonderful idea and he is already helping me with this. If anyone knows someone in Los Angeles that is able to deliver or ship to the offices in Burbank, I think that is something worth looking into.
Lastly, some have requested to see what the actual Mars bars cases look like. Here is a picture I took of the 13 cases going from our location ( I can't get pictures of the other ones since they were coming from different cities)
Sorry for the long post guys...it feels like an eternity since I wrote to you last. I wanted to be very honest with you as to what is actually going on rather than telling you what may happen.
-Sachin & the rest of TheIndianFoodStore family